Please visit our "Join A Team" page to register for the level of paddling in your summer program.
Here is an overview of our year round training programs.
* Fall programs commence in October and continue till May
* Winter programs consists of pool paddling from January to April
* Spring programs consist of a destination paddling camp in April
* Summer programs consist of dragon boat paddling between the months of May through to September
NOTE: all paddlers are free to join a fall training program regardless of the level you paddled at the previous summer water season. Paddlers who have participated in a fall, winter and spring program are free to choose to paddle at any level in the next summer water season. Please see details or each seasons program below. Please note: registration will be open prior to the season 2 weeks in advance. Payment completes your registration. You will be directed to Cheryl Roose Consulting website for more information when you click "Learn More".
The winter training program consists of a pool paddling.
- Sessions start the week of January 16th and finish the week of March 27th
- Club membership is required for participation
- Fall program required for participation (this program is intended for paddlers focused on skill improvement and paddling in level 2 or 3 the following season)
- Pending number of registrations determines one or 2 sessions, 7:15-8:00am and 8:00-8:45am or 1 session from 7:45-8:45am. Sessions will be held at the Tri Leisure Center, 221 Jennifer Heil Way, Spruce Grove, AB from on Sundays.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Please note: Payment completes your registration. Registrations must be complete to reserve your spot. Available seats will be opened December 5th. Once your payment has been submitted you will be emailed and or provided a link to attend the sessions. Please allow 2-3 business days to process your registration.
$115 per paddler/winter pool paddling program (Costs are estimate based on 2019 site fees and are subject to change)
A non-refundable $25 club membership is required to participate in Parkland Dragon Boat Racing Club's programs. Yearly membership is from October 1st - September 30th and must be paid prior to or at the time of registration. Here are the perks of membership!
• Exclusive access to mentorship opportunities • educational videos
• On-line guest speakers
• Access to club Facebook community
• Reserves your seat on the boat to paddle
6The spring training program consists of attending a destination paddling camp.
- Camp 2022 location is tentatively scheduled for Comox, B.C.
- Camp dates tentatively scheduled for April 23 to April 27, 2022
- Camp consists of 5 days of paddling twice daily
- PDBRC Fall program or basic fitness program is required for attendance for the safety of paddlers
Registration for this program opens in February 2022! Payment completes your registration. Registrations must be complete to reserve your spot. Once your payment has been submitted you will be emailed and sent a link providing camp details. Please allow 2-3 business days to process your registration.
$320 per paddler/spring camp program + travel, food and accommodation costs (Costs are estimate based on 2019 site fees and are subject to change)
The fall training program consists of sport specific at home work outs for all levels to include free weights, cardio and core exercises with options to add yoga, pilates and circuits
- Training starts the week of October 5th and runs till the week of April 12th.
- Persons registering for the FALL program are eligible to join the winter and spring program
- Although FALL training for summer paddling in level one or two are not mandatory, FALL training is required to attend the winter and spring program
- Group training will be held virtually via zoom in the fall of 2021 and spring of 2022
Registration for this program, opens in October 2021! Please note: Payment completes your registration. Please become a member to PDBRC allowing to access to the winter, spring and summer programs when available. Please allow 2-3 business days to process your registration.
Programs range from $200-$390 per paddler (Costs are estimate based on 2019 site fees and are subject to change) You will be directed to Cheryl Roose Consulting website for more information.